Hull City’s £3m summer signing has recaptured his place in the first XI in recent weeks
Ozan Tufan says his focus is on doing the best he can for Hull City after an intense period of speculation surrounding the future of the Turkish international.
City fended off interest from a number of interested parties during the January transfer window after it emerged the mercurial playmaker was open to leaving the MKM Stadium. Tufan, a summer recruit from Fenerbahce, was heavily linked with Istanbul giants Besiktas.
Despite strong interest in the 27-year-old, Ozan made clear his intentions at the end of last month to remain at City and fight for his place under Liam Rosenior. Tufan had initially found himself out of favour following Rosenior’s appointment in November.
Ozan has played a key part in recent weeks and started his third successive game in the draw at Stoke City on Saturday and then came off the bench in the second half of City’s 3-1 loss at Norwich in midweek.
“I saw the rumours but I have a contract here,” he told Hull Live. “When I first came here in the summer, our president – Acun – told me that he has a dream and I want to be a part of that dream.
“I want to fight for that dream, I did not want to leave after six months because this was not what I promised him (Ilicali). However, I do have a contract here and it is not suitable for me to comment on these rumours because I am a Hull City player.
“When the time comes, if they want me to leave I can, but for now, I am contracted here, I want to play for Hull City and I want to give everything I have to Hull City.”